Thanks for visiting our church website. We hope that we’ll have the opportunity to meet you in person.
Church Service on Sunday
Christ Community West was planted in 2009. Our weekly service is held at 9:30am on Sunday mornings. You can expect:
- A warm welcome from the time that you arrive at the front door.
- Singing and prayer. Our music is a mix of contemporary worship songs and modern hymns.
- Morning tea. We take time to talk over some simple refreshments.
- Bible reading and teaching. Our pastor gives a sermon based on God’s word, the Bible. Children’s ministries run during this time.
Our children’s ministries are run by regular attenders who have government blue cards. We read the Bible together and have games and craft activities. We include children aged 4 to 11.
We run a local English teaching ministry called Let’s Talk English. Join us for English conversation for men and women. We welcome everyone and cater for basic to advanced. Contact Warren on 0418 611 262 or Jan on 0417 001 635 for more details.
When: Fridays 9:30am – 11:00am
Where: The New Inala Hall, Civic Centre (near Library)
We hope you have a great visit at Christ Community West and we look forward to meeting you.
We meet in the main hall at Corinda State School (330 Cliveden Ave, Corinda) at 9:30am each Sunday. Parking is available
- P1: Within the school grounds off Cliveden Avenue
- P2: At the end of Hughes Lane next to the tennis courts & children’s play ground
We live to glorify God, enjoying and declaring the wonders of God’s grace in Christ for the good of our community, our nation and our world.
Now I would remind you of the gospel… which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved… that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.
The gospel is the foundation of our relationship with God and people and has the central place in our church and personal lives. The benefits of the gospel come powerfully to us by the Holy Spirit in the reading, but especially the preaching, of the word, and in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, unto God in the name of Jesus Christ.
In light of the gospel, we also value:
- Wholeheartedness, being honest before God about the state of our hearts (The Psalms);
- Life-on-life, growing in Christ through relationships rather than programs (1 Thess 2:1-16);
- Gratitude, trusting that God is devoted to our good regardless of circumstances (Titus 3:3-7);
- Service, working together for the good of the church (1 Cor 12:4-30);
- Growing, developing leaders and bringing our members to maturity (Php 3:12-21);
- Outreach, proclaiming the gospel and showing mercy to all people (Psalm 67);
- Other churches, seeking God’s kingdom rather than our own self-interests (Php 1:3-18); and
- Risk, stepping out in faith, relying on God rather than ourselves (Matt 25:14-30).
A full expression of our beliefs and doctrine is found in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
Contact our Church
Geoff Reilly is the pastor of Christ Community West. Born and bred in Ireland, he and his wife Carole have lived in Australia since 1996. Geoff and Carole were one of the nine ‘seed’ couples that planted Christ Community West in 2009. Geoff was a ruling elder until becoming the full-time teaching elder in January 2015.
Christ Community Church West
Mobile: 0466 338 567 (Geoff)
Listen to recent sermons or browse the sermon archive.
Read recent eNews or browse the eNews archive.
General Church Info
General information for members and regular attenders but feel free to read on anyway.
Our small groups meet weekly and are mixed-gender group that foster community and discuss matters of faith in Jesus Christ. These meetings are on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
Our men meet to pray on the fourth Tuesday of every month at Geoff’s house. Contact Geoff for more details.
We pray for and contribute financially toward three missions:
- Our community. We support a Sally Constable working with Focus at the University of Queensland.
- Our nation. We support an Australian family working among the international community in Sydney.
- Our world. We support the Richards family working with Engage at the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand.
Tithing: Tithes and offerings can be put into the offering box or made by direct deposit into our account.
Missions Giving: We have a dedicated account to support local and overseas missionaries. You can give to missions by putting money in a marked envelope (‘missions giving’) into the offering box or by direct deposit into the following account.